just in time for the holiday weekend, i have decided to debut a new series. “7 things” – where i will choose one area of my house and quickly list 7 things that need to be minimalized.
#1. the kitchen
- glassware – how many of those cups/mugs do you really use anyway?
- cookbooks – if it’s more than 7 years old and not “your favorite,” clip out the best recipes and discard the book.
- the gadget drawer – you know, the one with 5 spatulas…
- your countertop – find a new home for your things and remove the clutter from your sight
- grocery/plastic bags – save a few and recycle the other 50
- your fridge – pull everything out, clean, and be selective about goes back
- stockpiled food – donate some of those uneaten nonperishables and clear the cabinets for stuff you really like.