“7 things” is an ongoing series here at becoming minimalist where we identify 7 things in your home that can be minimalized today. you can see the full list here.
here is a list of 7 things that can be minimalized from your refrigerator:
- anything old or expired (that’s an easy one).
- condiments (did you know the shelf life of opened ketchup is ony 6 months?).
- portion-size packets of sauce from restaurants.
- leftovers (eat them for dinner tonight).
- non see-through containers (i got mad when my wife brought these home.. now it’s the only thing i’ll use).
- anything on the top of your fridge that’s not dust.
- spills (a sponge with soap makes the whole fridge experience better).
another helpful hint: the most clutter-prone spot in your refrigerator is its door. but you should limit the weight you put on your refrigerator door so that there will be less wear and tear on it. too many people make the mistake of dumping everything on the door compartments.