my dream has come true. my wife’s nightmare a reality.
my Blue Line Innovations PowerCost Monitor was delivered today. our local power company offered a $65 rebate this past month and i jumped at the opportunity.
for those of you unaware of the benefits of this brilliant money-saving device, allow me to list a few:
- it will gauge the exact cost of the electricity you are consuming at any given time.
- it will estimate your monthly electrical bill based on your per/day usage.
- it will measure each of your appliances so that you know how much it costs to turn them on.
- it will alert you if you have gone over your “first-tier” kwh pricing.
- it will help you reduce your energy consumption, which is good for everyone.
- it will remind you to shut off lights/televisions by its very presence.
as i mentioned, we received ours today. within 25 minutes, it was completely installed and working properly. i took the evening to experiment with many of our electrical devices to determine their actual cost/hour. here are some of the results:
- hallway lights (03 cents/hour)
- outdoor lights (01 cent/hour)
- 27″ tube television (02 cents/hour)
- 32″ lcd television (04 cents/hour)
- desktop computer (03 cents/hour)
- oven (42 cents/hour)
- microwave (15 cents/hour)
- washing machine (25 cents/hour)
- clothes dryer (71 cents/hour)
i highly recommend this product to minimalize your monthly electrical bills. even without changing your lifestyle drastically, the actual utility cost/hr of your home devices is enough for you to make simple, money-saving changes.
like i mentioned, i was able to purchase ours for $35… which is a much better deal than $109. although even at $109, it will eventually pay for itself.
the only drawback is that your wife may not enjoy you running around the house turning on/off every electronic device… especially if she’s trying to watch it at the time.