david turnbull wrote, “don’t be meaninglessly minimalist. be purposeful and deliberate in your quest to want little.” inspired by his quote, here are the reasons why i have chosen minimalism as a lifestyle:
- save money. i’m not rich, never will be. i’m not in debt, i hope not to be. a minimalist lifestyle helps keep my expenses in line with my income.
- use money to help others. it brings me incredible joy and fulfillment to help others with my gifts (whether financial or talent-based). using my money to help others who are in greater need is a path that i would like my life to continue to follow.
- remove clutter. removing clutter eliminates stress and has proven to make me more effective, positive, and future-thinking.
- remove distractions. i prefer to fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
- aesthetics. i prefer minimalist design in most arts and prefer the design of my home to match that expectation.
how about you? why have you chosen (or are considering choosing) minimalism?