today was everything that i hoped it would be. i get everything accomplished in my office that i was hoping – and sat down at 4:45pm with 15 minutes to spare. here are my accomplishments:
- removed every book from my bookshelf that i haven’t used since i moved
- moved one large bookshelf out of my office and left two empty shelves on another
- removed everything off my physical desktop leaving only a computer, phone, lamp, and family photo
- digitally scanned over 150 pages of paper files and shredded the files
- removed a mid-size box full of sports and travel souvenirs from my bookshelves
- took everything off of my bulletin board except for my son’s drawing and a poster of michael scott.
- removed 8 things from my walls (college degrees, keith green record albums, calendar, misc.)
my last remaining step is to paint the walls a different color which will complete the transformation. i am scheduled to complete the painting this weekend and should get some photos up as soon as i finish. check back here to see the finished minimalist office.
ps – as my assistant was leaving today, she commented, “your office looks very minimal.” (i was very excited because i haven’t even told her about our new lifestlye!