at my work, this tuesday has been designated as office clean-up day complete with turning off phones and minimal office hours. i am very excited because my office has become overrun with clutter over the last three years since i moved in. i have done minimal clean-up (mostly desktops) and am looking forward to a full office make-over.
i have several ideas that i am looking forward to incorporating on tuesday including:
- take home every book that i have not used / eliminate at least one entire book shelf
- transfer olf paper files to digital files
- remove many items from my walls including my keith green record albums and university degrees
- sort and store all digital media (cd’s, dvd’s, sdcards, and usb drives)
- remove all items from my desktop (lamps, stackable files, stapler, etc.)
- remove clutter in my office (sport souvenirs, travel souvenirs)
- add a fresh coat of paint – something light, neutral, and less-distracting
do you have any other ideas for me? granted, you haven’t seen my office – but any general minimalist office helps would be appreciated.
this will also be the first project where i post before and after photos.