some of the reasons why becoming a minimalist was an easy decision for me:
- i don’t make a ton of money.
- i’m frugal. not cheap, frugal – there is a difference.
- i enjoy minimalist design in all things – from clothes & watches to art & interior design.
- we are done having children – although my kids are young, we have no need to “hang on to somthing just in case.” when they outgrow something, we can give it away.
- i don’t fear change – becoming minimalist is definitely a life-change.
- there are things that i value more than possessions – God, family, relationships, character…
- i enjoy clean, tidy, uncluttered rooms… but don’t like to clean. go figure, minimalism scratches that itch.
- we entertain often – minimalism keeps the house in order.
- i kinda like the social attention that comes from being minimalist – mostly because people love the idea when they hear about it.
how about you? what factors/experiences in your life, have made you a good candidate for minimalism?