“One day or day one. You decide.”
Looking back, it is easy to see that life is full of “first days.”
My first day of high school.
My first day being married.
My first day being a parent.
My first day living in Arizona.
My first day of being a full-time writer.
There are a countless number of first days that I could list. And they come in all different shapes and sizes.
- Some first days are big, like the first day of being married. But others are small, such as the first day of a diet or the first day of a new workout routine.
- Some first days are expected and we see them coming, like the first day in a new job. But some are incredibly unexpected, such as the first day after suddenly losing a loved one, or the first day after discovering someone we love has cancer.
- Some first days affect us for the rest of our lives, while others are trivial and quickly forgotten.
No matter how you look at it, life is full of first days.
And maybe that is exactly the good news you need to hear today.
Because life is full of first days, today can be the first day you need it to be.
- Are you struggling with an addiction? Maybe today is the first day you ask for help.
- Are you caught in a spiral of overspending and debt? Maybe today is the first day you decide to get help and change your spending habits.
- Are you living in an abusive relationship? Maybe today is the first day you decide to get out once and for all.
- Is your potential in life being hindered by an unhealthy habit? Maybe today is the first day you decide to replace it with something healthy.
- Has unforgiveness and resentment taken root in your life? Maybe today is the first day you take a step to reconcile that relationship.
The opportunities for experiencing a new first day are all around us.
- Have you been a neglectful father? Maybe today is the first day you decide to make amends and make it right.
- Do you have a passion for a new career? Maybe today is the first day you start taking steps toward it.
- Have you been reading about minimalism for months, but never began applying the principles to your life? Maybe today is the first day you decide to fully embrace it.
There are some people who fear the reality that life is constantly changing. But positive change is never to be feared—it is to be welcomed and celebrated.
What is the change needed in your life today? What is the first day you’ve been waiting so long to experience in your life?
Go, make it so. There’s no better day than today. And there’s no better time than right now.