“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” —William Wordsworth
15 Thoughts on How Blogging Impacts Life
How to Start a Blog in 2019 in 7 Simple Steps
You can learn how to create a blog just by following these steps:
- Choose a blog name and home. Keep it simple but descriptive.
- Customize your design. Choose a theme and customize your blog’s look.
- Gather necessary tools. Install a few necessary plugins.
- Define your success. Choose your definition of success and what your blog should accomplish.
- Be consistent. Sit down and write on a consistent schedule (doesn’t have to be every day).
- Connect with others. Set up social media profiles to reach your fans.
- Grow with your blog. As your blog grows, so should you.
Let’s dig into the details on how to start your own blog.
1. Choose a blog name and home.
A blog’s home consists of two parts: 1) a domain address and 2) a server.
2. Customize your design.
3. Gather necessary tools.
- Akismet. Protects your blog from comment spam.
- Share Buttons by GetSocial. Adds Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest buttons.
- Google XML Sitemaps. Enables search engines to find your content (important for driving traffic).
- WP Super Cache. A plugin to help your content load faster.
4. Define your success.
Every blogger gets to choose their definition of success—and each blogger gets to act accordingly.
5. Be consistent.
Consistency benefits the community. But equally important, it benefits the writer. I stand as proof.
6. Connect with others.
Your writing has value and carries potential to influence and change lives.
7. Grow with your blog.
But in the end, your blog will grow… and so will you. Get started right here.