“It is our belief that doing work you love should be accessible to anyone who is interested.”
Recently, I was fortunate to organize and present a panel at SXSW 2013 on the important topic, “How Minimalism is Changing Entrepreneurship.” I teamed up with three incredibly talented individuals (Courtney Carver, Joshua Millburn, and Ryan Nicodemus) to present the 60-minute conversation. Each have used minimalism to lay the foundation for full-time entrepreneurial work.
The result became a highly-relevant, practical, and inspirational conversation on finding work you love. And its hope-filled message continues to resonate even months after the original presentation—it ranks as one of the most-listened to presentations from SXSW Interactive 2013.
If you are interested in minimalism or entrepreneurship in any way, you’ll find great value in the conversation. You can find the entire presentation below. Then, join the discussion on Twitter, #simplework.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/89210299″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
- 0:00 – Joshua Becker on the Importance of Minimalism
- 2:15 Foundation of minimalism for entrepreneurship
- 7:50 His specific definition and application of minimalism
- 11:59 – Joshua Fields Millburn on Cultivating Passion
- 15:10 Why finding your passion is crappy advice
- 18:15 The payoff of drudgery
- 21:35 – Ryan Nicodemus on Overcoming the Fear of Money
- 21:57 The human need for certainty
- 22:26 4 tips to making a successful transition to self-employment
- 28:35 – Courtney Carver on the Applications of Minimalism in Business
- 29:12 Overcoming 2 common challenges of entrepreneurship
- 36:22 Business is still conducted face-to-face
- 40:00 – Q&A
And you can find more information about bringing me to speak at your local community event or conference here: Book Joshua to Speak.