there are countless articles written on the steps to a minimalist lifestyle. this is where we started: a guide to creating a minimalist home.
today, as a supplement, we offer 8 “outside of the box” simplicity living tips that you haven’t read anywhere else:
- buy things for their usefulness rather than their status. stop trying to impress others with your stuff and start trying to impress them with your life.
- reject anything that is producing an addiction in you. refuse to be a slave to anything: coffee, cigarettes, soda, television, chocolate, alcohol…
- develop a habit of giving things away. most of us could get rid of half of our possessions without any serious sacrifice.
- refuse to be propagandized by modern gadgetry. technology doesn’t always make your life simpler. as a matter of fact, most of the time it just makes your life more cluttered.
- learn to enjoy things without owning them. ownership is nothing, access is everything.
- develop a deeper appreciation for nature.
- reject anything that breeds the oppression of others. bananas, coffee, etc.
- never underestimate the freedom of plain, honest speech. a lack of simplicity in one area, such as speech, can undermine simplicity in every area.