Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it.
It requires a conscience choice and consistent inspiration.
It is a counter-cultural lifestyle that begins with the decision to pursue it. But the world we live in is not friendly to the pursuit of minimalism.
Its cultural tendencies and never-relenting advertising campaigns constantly tell us to acquire more, better, faster, newer, and trendier. The journey towards minimalism becomes a road that requires daily inspiration—a consistent re-centering of focus on the things that are the most important.
So here are 7 Places to Find Daily Inspiration for Minimalism:
1. Becoming Minimalist Facebook Page: Our Facebook page provides links to our newest articles and inspiring quotes every single day.
2. Simple Links: Links and images collected by Leo Babauta posted on an almost daily basis.
4. No Sidebar. A wonderful website featuring simplicity-focused articles from writers all over the world.
5. Zen Habits Archives: There’s a reason Zen Habits is considered to be among the most thought-provoking, life-changing blogs on the Internet. And with 5 years of archives to choose from, you’ll find plenty of inspiration every single day.
6. Simplify Magazine: Started in 2017, Simplify Magazine offers a lifetime subscription for only $20. The digital publication can be read online or downloaded for your mobile device.
7. Take a look outside: If we pause for a moment, stop the hustle and bustle of our lives just long enough to see, we can observe in nature amazing ways that it lives the ultimate minimalist existence.