18 Good Reasons to Get the TV Out of Your Bedroom

Before we made the decision to intentionally live with less, we were just a typical family of four living in the suburbs. But since finding a rational approach to minimalism, our lives have changed in countless ways – some big, some small.

One change that seemed small at the time actually had a profound impact on the quality of our lives, marriage, and family. We removed the television from our bedroom. At first, it was just a 30-day experiment. But given the overwhelming benefits that accompanied its removal, it is a change we look back on with great fondness.

Consider the benefits:

1. More/Better sleep. The same statistics that tell us Americans watch over 35 hours of television/week are the same statistics that make it clear the lure of the screen is just too strong to turn off. No one sets out to spend 5 hours/day watching television. The temptation is too great… especially when we are tired. Not only does television in the bedroom keep us up later at night, but there are also studies that indicate watching television before bed actually disrupts sleep cycles. Removing the television from your bedroom results in more sleep and better sleep… which means you’ll have a better rested, more productive day.
  2. What you think about last matters. The evening provides valuable opportunity to meditate, evaluate, and assess your day. This examination leads to learning from our mistakes and growing as humans. Unfortunately, many people will sacrifice this opportunity for the sake of entertainment.
  3. What you think about first matters. Every morning begins with a clean slate and brand new opportunities. Allowing your television to guide your morning thoughts takes that blank canvas and begins painting. We would be wise to choose carefully who/what directs our morning thoughts rather than blindly allowing television producers to do it for us. After all, it sets the stage for the rest of the day.
  4. Example for your kids. Children with televisions in their bedrooms score lower on school tests and are more likely to have sleep problems. Also, having a television in the bedroom is strongly associated with being overweight and a higher risk for smoking. And that’s a pretty strong argument to remove theirs and yours.
  5. More conversation. As a married couple, some of your most important, intimate conversations will take place in your bedroom during the waning hours of the day… unless of course, the television is on instead.
  6. More/Better sex. Couples who keep a TV in the bedroom have sex half as often as those who don’t. Probably because there are over a million things more stimulating than a man watching ESPN SportsCenter. And if you ask me, that should be reason enough…
  7. Less clutter. Your television takes up space (even when hidden). And I haven’t met anybody who actually enjoys more clutter in their homes.
  8. Less advertisements at your weakest. Studies reveal what we already know to be true: Consumers are more susceptible to advertisements when they are tired. Depletion leads us to feel as if we’ve been more thorough and thoughtful in our processing and therefore, we become more certain in our attitudes.
  9. Realistic expectations on your marriage. In almost all regards, television rarely depicts the world and life accurately. As a result, too much television results in disillusionment about what to expect from the world around us. This can be most detrimental to our relationships when the unrealistic expectations are applied to our marriage, family, love, romance, and sexuality.
  10. Rooms serve purposes. Kitchens are for cooking… Dining Rooms are for eating… Toy Rooms are for playing… Offices are for working… Rooms serve purposes. The better we define those rooms and their purposes, the more productive they become. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex by taking work materials, computers, and televisions out of the sleeping environment.
  11. Televisions attract dust. All electronics attract and trap dust… something about static electricity. While I don’t understand the physics, I see the result. And isn’t there enough dust already in your bedroom… why would you want to attract more?
  12. Get ready faster. Having the television on while getting ready in the morning adds extra time to the process. And who wants to spend more time getting ready?
  13. More reading. Light reading in the evening helps many fall asleep faster. But even if it doesn’t help you sleep, the benefits of reading still far outweigh the benefits of television. Removing the television from your bedroom will almost always encourage more reading in your life.
  14. Going to sleep together. While some couples have successfully navigated the television schedule and actually go to sleep together (We watch the King of Queens every night and then fall asleep), we never could. Perhaps we’re less disciplined… but more likely, she liked watching TLC far more than I did. Removing the television helps foster intimacy by not just going to bed at the same time, but by falling asleep at the same time as well.
  15. Less electricity/energy use. Household electronics continue to use energy and electricity even when powered off. It’s called standby-power and it amounts to 5-10% of your total electricity bill. One less television means one less financial drain on your checkbook.
  16. Your attention is far too valuable. There are very important people in your life who need your attention every single day. Removing the television from your bedroom will help you give it to the people who need it the most.
  17. Masking problems in your marriage. When two imperfect people come together to form an intimate union that shares everything, there are bound to be some problems along the way. Successful couples notice them, discuss them, and find compromise that makes both sides better. Unsuccessful couples don’t. Our marriages require us to be intentional and thoughtful. And that rarely happens when the television is on.
  18. Watch less television. Inherent in each of these reasons above is the reality that removing the television from your bedroom means that you will watch less television. And there are all sorts of good reasons for that: 11 Reasons to Ditch Your Television, 10 Reasons to Watch Less Television, 4 Simple Reasons to Sell Your TV.

If words on a page aren’t quite enough for you or your partner, commit to try it out as a 30 day experimentation. Unplugging the television and moving it into a different room will take less than 3 minutes. There is an end in sight. You’ve got nothing to lose. And maybe, just maybe, a whole lot to gain.

Again, I’m not saying you have to remove the television from your bedroom… I’m just saying your life will be better if you do.

Joshua Becker

About Joshua Becker

Writer. Inspiring others to live more by owning less.
Bestselling author of Simplify & Clutterfree with Kids.

Follow on TwitterLike on Facebook

Comments

1. says

We moved our TV out of our bedroom 4 months ago. We sold our living room TV which was old and lower quality and moved the bedroom TV into the living room. We’re going through a massive purge/decluttering, and the bedroom TV was on the cut list.

We are seeing most of the things in this list to some extent, but what we really noticed was number 13 read more and number 18 watch less television. We’ve been doing a lot more reading before bedtime, and a lot more reading to our daughter before she goes to bed. We’ve also been watching a bit less TV, but we’re weren’t big TV watchers to begin with.

It did create one source of friction. When I’m playing video games on my Playstation, my wife is left without a TV. I guess you could say I’m hogging our TV. In the past she could go to the bedroom and watch TV while I played games. I suppose this is a good thing as it forces me to limit my gaming time, but it can still be a little frustrating sometimes.

Overall we are very happy with our decision to move the TV out of the bedroom.

2. says

As always, a great article Joshua!
    In our 1st year of marriage we didn’t have a TV at all, and it was foundational in us building a great intimacy and strong communication. Admittedly it was 1993, and things are very different these days. But I can definitely see the value in limiting TV viewing. We had the television in our bedroom for a while a year ago, but it did interrupt our sleep patterns and intimacy, so now it’s gone!
    I should add too, that the type of ads they play after 11 pm aren’t very helpful for a couple’s intimacy either! :)

3. says

I am still working on my fianceè in regards to know electronics in the bedroom. I love not having a tv in there but getting her to feel the same is tough. She is moving that way…..very slowly.

David Damron
    LifeExcursion

4. says

I agree with you- the TV stays in the loungeroom where it belongs. I find that I watch it less and less nowadays anyway.
    Life is much better when you get out and go for a walk. Fresh air, exercise, and a better view.

5. says

I’m 15, and a lot of my friends have tv’s in their bedrooms. Quite honestly, I can’t fathom why you would even want one! My bedroom is a retreat from school and other people, where I can just be me. Having television screaming at me to buy things is not a retreat to me.

• Mark says

I’m 18 and haven’t had a TV in my room ever. I know what you mean – most of my other friends have TVs in their rooms and I don’t think I could stand it.

I do have a laptop for study etc which annoys me but I can’t really put it anywhere else. Oh well, something to look forward to when I move away, separate office, yay.

• Gxkkhdjdigs says

I think its ok to hav a TV in a bedroom ( im a young teem amd i hav one ) but if they dont hav cable or a pvr then its all good. I only hav my Wii and BlueRay player with my TV

• Julie Isham says

Did anyone else notice the two teens without tv could spell and the one Gxkkhdjdigs couldn’t even put a comprehensive sentence together?

• B says

@ Julie Isham: I noticed and all I could do was sigh. So sad.

My husband has the tv switched on 24/7 and it drives me nuts. Even when he’s not even paying attention, he says he has to have it on to drown on whatever noise is in the background (which I can only assume is me and my need/desire for human contact).

I absolutely hate having the tv in the bedroom but I bought it to try to make him happy. I find our intimacy is down to about once per month (we’ve only been married 2.5yrs) and just tonight, when I arranged the room to be more comfortable and look better, all he could do was complain that he wouldn’t be able to see the tv anymore. Sometimes I just want to give up.

6. says

Thanks for this article. I have been TV-less for most of a year, and I can’t believe how much time I have now as compared to in the past. This reminded me of all of the reasons I decided to do away with the tube and get on with life.

7. says

We too got rid of our TV in our bedroom a few months back. We never wanted one there in the first place but when we got married we all of a sudden had two between the two of us. So naturally, one went into the bedroom. We hardly ever turned it on. It was fulfilling so many of the points you mentioned above. I love that the only technology in our bedroom now is an alarm clock (I wish I could get rid of that too, on principle, but I can’t think of a practical alternative). I maybe love it’s absence even more than I should. And this weekend we went through every item in our bedroom and now all that is left is what is needed for sleeping, waking and clothing. Instantly more peaceful and restful.

• Kate says

I had to stop using an alarm clock because the light (especially any blue light) interfered with sleep. I started using my mobile phone’s alarm clock. I don’t have a home phone, so I like keeping the mobile phone next to me in case of an emergency.

8. says

I was one of those kids that grew up with a TV in their bedroom (once the living room one was replaced) and I think the only reason was so that I could play video games without disturbing my mom.

No kids for me yet, but my husband and I have been married for almost three years and have no had a TV any place else except the living room and I’m planning on keeping it that way. We don’t have cable, so there isn’t much to watch anyways :)

I definitely agree that rooms have purposes! I would never get to sleep now if I had a TV in the bedroom. I much prefer the humidifier for white noise.

9. says

Great article! I can’t believe that as a society, we’ve come so far as to have an average of 3 tv-s per household. That’s just insane!

And while you’re at it, banishing the one-eyed demon out of the bedroom… wouldn’t it be better to banish the television out of our HOUSE as well? ;) We’ve been proudly TV-free for as long as we’ve been married and loving every moment of it!

greetings from the Netherlands!

10. says

Funny thing here. We went through a whole electronics sabbatical months back and it really curtailed our TV and electronics usage. We realized that we could do and have alot more fun as a family playing games, going outside and talking. It has been great.

We removed the TV from the family room, cancelled cable and generally watch very little TV now. However, we have not yet made the leap to get the TV out of our bedroom but my wife and I know in our heart it is the right thing to do. This list may be just the thing that we need to push tip the apple cart on this one. Thanks!

11. says

I’m fortunate on this one. I had a TV in my bedroom when I was a teenager, but I’ve never wanted one as a result. My neck is built wrong. Nothing is less comfortable to me than watching TV at a weird angle or propping up against the wall.

Besides, what’s on at bedtime? I don’t have cable and I wouldn’t want to waste a DVD on a time when I might fall asleep, so that leaves some guy telling jokes or TMZ, I guess.

Gip

12. says

Guilty as charged! We have one in the bedroom (the kids don’t and that’s an interesting conversation when they question other kids why they do?!?) but we don’t watch it – question to myself therefore is why is it still in there? As far as I’m concerned the bedroom should serve one purpose – sleep :-)

• says

Had to pop back in on this one. Almost 12 months on from my previous comment and the TV finally went from the bedroom a week or so ago. Upstairs has now been declared a TV free zone! Life simplification (or minimalism) can be a gradual process for some… but as with other things in life sometimes the slower you go the more permanent it can be…

13. says

Very timely post! I just started a 21-day challenge series on my blog and going on a t.v. fast is one of my challenges.

The reasons for giving up t.v. in the bedroom are sound and that’s why it’s an important goal for me.

However, only time will tell if I have the discipline to make the move permanent.

14. says

We have never had a TV in our bedroom and our kids didn’t either as they were growing up. We don’t have cable and now we watch most of our TV via internet or netflix, so it is very deliberate and not just turn it on and watch whatever. We have once or twice over the past year taken the laptop into thew bedroom to finish watching something when the kids had company over or something, but other than that, no TV in the bedroom. As our kids have come of age, 18 and 20, they each have laptops that they watch their own stuff on in their rooms. I don’t love it, but at least they didn’t grow up for years with one in their rooms!
    I deftinitely agree the bedroom should be a haven. In the past I would go to bed with my laptop (hubby always falls asleep before I do!) but I have even stopped doing that. Sometimes I will read, sometimes I will catch up on some light reading on the net with my blackberry (Zen Habits!)
    Great post Joshua! This one thing could make such a huge difference in many homes!
    Bernice
    Get your priorities straight

15. says

Hey Joshua we just kind of stumbled into this when our satelite company accidentally killed our bedroom receiver. I was going to call in a trouble ticket, but eventually it hit me that we weren’t missing it.

We have experienced most of what you wrote here:

☻ We do have more sex (this has to be first!)
    ☺ We read more in bed
    ☻ We do get ready quicker, instead of laying in bed watching TV
    ☺ We do get better sleep and more hours of it, even with a newborn

I dig the post buddy!

Eric

16. Kathy says

We didn’t have a tv in our bedroom for years, even though my husband always wanted one. He finally talked me into getting one using the argument “so during storm warnings we could watch the radar/weather in our room instead of having to go to the living room to see if we were in danger.” I would be fine with it there if all it were used for was so the kids could watch something instead of football or news that is on in the living room, but it’s on way too much. I would be fine turning off the satellite service but I’m not sure my husband and kids could handle the lack of tv. Maybe someday.

17. says

I agree that the TV in the bedroom is an overall bad idea. While my husband and I have one, it is rarely used. We have a one bedroom apartment and sometimes, when I want to be left alone, I go in the bedroom to watch a DVD. (He loves sports and sometimes it’s nice to take some time and watch a movie!) I don’t mind keeping the TV in there because it is never abused!

18. says

We have a TV in the bedroom but rarely use it unless someone is home sick from work and watches it because they need isolation from the rest of the house. Agree that bed time conversations are best in a room without TV distraction. My kids don’t have TV’s in their bedroom and won’t because it would prevent them from falling asleep until too late and they would suffer in school.

That being said, I watch about 2-3 hours of TV per day, after work, dinner and kids go to bed my wife and I watch a movie or a few TV shows to unwind before bed.

19. Annabelle says

Get the tv out of the bedroom, and then keep going with it OUT THE DOOR! Rid your house/home of tv’s and life is soooo much better overall!

As a side note: We do, however, have a small portable DVD for the car (travel), and for letting the kids watch a movie once/twice a week for a bit of entertainment (we have final say on WHICH movie(s) they can watch!). However, this is not the immediate subject of this amazing post for today…so at least start by following the days post advice of getting tv out of bedroom!.

20. says

Television, in general, is kind of a waste. It’s a pretend reality (hyper-reality) that people think is real, but really isn’t. Life isn’t behind a television screen, nor is it behind a computer screen.

Life is OUT THERE, in a world you can touch.

21. says

I appreciated your “18 reasons”–posting them on my The Year I Said No blog. TV’s my “no” for the month of January.

I think keeping a TV out of our bedroom was one of the wisest early choices Tom and I made as a married couple. When we go to hotels we enjoy the novelty of having one, but even from that limited experience I can tell I wouldn’t want one in place at home. The constant drone of entertainment and information sets a very “jacked up” tone for what is supposed to be a peaceful place.

22. says

I grew up in a one tv household and we still are. TV in the bedroom always seemed to me like doughnuts for breakfast – too rich for my blood. Lots of people do it, but it’s still a bad idea!

23. says

It really does make a difference. I used to start the day watching the news every morning and it had a huge impact on how I felt for the rest of the day. I’ve really cut back on my TV watching and keep thinking about just getting rid of the cable altogether… Not there yet, but maybe soon.

24. says

I’ve had no TV for 4 years now. Best decision ever. Of course in some instances its been replaced with the internet. For instance, its 11:35 pm and I’m up reading blogs instead of sleeping. Same bad habit – different media.

25. says

Couldn’t agree more with you. We’ve never had a tv in the bedroom, and certainly intend to keep it that way. I’d also have to say that placement of the TV away from the dining and kitchen area can also be helpful in creating more family centered time. TVs are simply distracting, and they are a drain from what we find as important in life.

Darcy

26. says

We got rid of cable a year ago and haven’t missed it one bit. It was one of the best things we did. We still have a few TV’s in the house and I would love to get rid of all but one next (taking your advice and getting it out of our bedroom) and then eventually have no TVs. We watch TV so much less as it is, but if we didn’t have it at all…we would be even more connected and productive. Great post, thanks!

27. says

It’s funny that I wandered upon this article as coming from the opposite side. We don’t have a TV in our bedroom, and we’ve been discussing purchasing one for the bedroom. After reading this, I feel like that is a discussion we can table for awhile. Thank you for the much needed reminder that the bedroom should be a place for peace, meditation, unwinding, and sleep!

28. says

Hi! Great Post. We never had a TV in the bedroom. But having it in the living room with a big cosy sofa is a good idea and a bad. A bad cuase we end up sitting there after the day is done and sometime sleeping too. Especially my husband. He allways falls a sleep on the sofa. Allways. Since he was a kid. Its like a bad routine. When we lived in florens we didnt have a tv for about 6 months. That was soooooooooooooo good!

29. Tammy says

I just bought an hdtv. I stumbled upon this blog to look for tips where to put my tv. I was battling whether to put it in my bedroom or in my livingroom. I bought the tv for the reason that I live in the country side where there’s not much amusement or parks around. The mall is about 150 miles if you ever want to watch a movie. So I decided to get a tv (I used to just watch in my laptop but I didn’t want to overuse my laptop and use it for long hours just to watch movies..). I am just glad I found this page. And yes indeed the bedroom is for sleeping ( I always make sure I get 6-8 hours of sleep everyday..I am conscious about that..) and I don’t want that one-eyed monster to interrupt my sleeping schedule. I will control my tv and not let the tv control me. So the verdict is ‘it stays in the living room. Period.’ Nice blog. Thank you very much.

30. Holly says

TV in the bedroom = Just say NO. Perhaps a person’s view on this has to do with how they’re raised. My parents didn’t have what I’d call the “perfect marriage,” but they never had a TV in their bedroom. (My dad is passed away now.) None of us kids did either. Maybe this is part of why I find the idea of a TV in a bedroom completely absurd… ESPECIALLY if you are an adult and have any kind of “adult relations” in your bedroom. Why would someone want TV there to distract them? In my opinion, if someone feels they “need” a TV in their bedroom… it says something bad about the relationship that resides in that bedroom. It says that the couple needs something to distract them from each other. To give some context to my opinion, I am 28 years old… so it’s not like I’m an old “fuddy duddy.” (No offense to anyone here, lol.) It’s just common sense, imo…

• Holly says

Allow me to add… I actually got rid of TV altogether in my place. I still do watch things sometimes. I use my computer. However, I have found that watching things on the computer as opposed to TV makes you drastically more picky and aware of what it is you’re watching. Generally if you are watching something on your computer, it’s something that you specifically chose to watch and sought out. In contrast, people just have the TV on all the time… for no reason. They just watch whatever is on. They don’t have control over what media is being put into their space and into their brain. Well maybe I shouldn’t say they don’t have control. They do have control, but they relinquish that control by just watching whatever happens to be on. I feel that TV generally takes power over the media people consume, whereas on a computer people generally take power over which media they CHOOSE to consume… if that makes sense.

• Keith says

Why would somebody think you’re an old “fuddy-duddy” just beacuse you’re not into the technology of TV, Computers and such? Hey, that’s your choice if you choose not to watch TV, you want to go out and experience life and see what’s happening in the world! And that’s a good thing! Have Fun!

31. mark says

my only problem with no tv (I have had my tv away in the closet for a year now) is that when it is champions league matchday or any other important football match I drink, eat, and spend too much at the pub

but at least it is easier to meet friends, since nobody wanted to watch my little 20″ tube tv anyways, with HD on the market, even though it is colour and everything!

I spend much more time playing now and less just sitting on my ass watching. with the money I saved on cable I bought a world cup matchball last year and I play with it almost every day (there is a ucl starball under the tree… ;)))

32. says

I have been fallowing your blog for a while, and I love it. It has helped us become minimalist. We still have a ways to go, but we are working on it. I think this is the first post I disagree with you on. I love my TV in my bedroom. My husband and I have been married for 12 years and together for 15. years. There is nothing wrong with our sex life. Our bedroom is our retreat. We spend our day so involved with the kids and homeschooling, it is nice to climb in and watch the news. We have a lot of moderation on our tv though. I can see where it can become a problem if it is on all the time. Ours is off more than it is on, but it is nice to have the option. On the flip side, I could just be in denial and not willing to give that up yet. HAHA!

33. Mark says

The stats are there for making the case against
    having TV,in ones bedroom. I am convinced that
    One. can also find arguments for having a TV
    In your bedroom. It is an individual choice, the right
    to choose must be the decider, not someone telling
    you why its so great to not have one. More sex is
    not convincing enough of an argument.

34. Jess says

Hi Joshua! I know this is a bit late to respond, but I read your post almost a year ago, shortly before my roommate and I cancelled our cable, and it really spoke to me. Even before we cancelled the cable, I tried to actively avoid turning on the TV just to have some “background noise” when I got home from work. But lately I’ve found something has taken the tv’s former place in my bedroom: my laptop.

It plays DVDs, it streams movies, it downloads (legally) tv shows! I think my actual viewing has gone up from when I used to just have the damn cable box. Now I’m stuck considering solutions. Do I set a “screen time timer” for myself at home? Do I buy a digital converter and only watch shows I can get on my tv? (I’m less likely to sit up late watching network tv than I am to lay about my bed watching Gangland on Netflix until 2am.)

Do you have any suggestions or experience with reducing overall screen time? I know a lot of this comes down to willpower and choice. I probably have only 2 or 3 currently airing shows that I follow, and the rest is just time filler/suck.

Thanks again for this great piece! It certainly inspired me to turn the tv off and keep it out of the bedroom. Now if only I was having as easy a job with my other electronics… :)

35. says

I found the link to this post on Google+.

I haven’t turned on a TV for more than a decade, though my family watches. (I think I’ll forward this link to them.) I sure don’t miss it; get more done and more read.

If it’s okay with you, I’ll put a link to this post on a website I’m developing, Good Health After 60. It already mentions getting rid of the TV, but this’ll reinforce the idea.

36. Islem says

We do have a TV in the bedroom, but ever since we removed cable in 2005, we’ve all become bookworms and talkers and have neglected the TV big time. Now its 15″ screen is just there staring at us, unplugged (probably the reason that this one does not attract dust). It’s small, flat and stuck to the wall, so it wasn’t bothering us really, clutter-wise. But now, it’s time for it go! I wan’t my wall space back. So is the one in the living room. My son, 17, isn’t interested on TV AT ALL. No video games either. He uses his PlayStation 2 (a gift from family) to watch rented or borrowed DVDs, but very rarely. This one is the traditional 19″ TV from early ’90s and it collects a TON of dust and hogs up tons of space. In fact, the entire media cabinet with radio system, tapes, CDs and all, going out the door. The media cabinet is worth a lot of $$. So we’ll be selling that.

Gosh, that feels good!!

37. Larry says

Sorry, I have a tv in my room and had one when I was a child all through my marriage when I was and the tv was not a distraction to us at. We still things a family all the time. I didn’t have to watch tv all the time but it was there if I do. I’m not all into espn and all that so we won’t go there. Love making was still there and during doing that the tv was never on. Sorry but my tv stays !!!

38. Robin says

I have wanted to get rid of my bedroom TV for a long time! I am single and really want to read more and sleep better. I’ve had one in there for many, many years for “company” cuz I din’t love too much quiet. But, I want it out! How do I go about Selling it? It’s a big flat screen and is a nice one. I would sell the wall bracket and never-used DVD/VCR player with it. Don’t want weirdos from Craigslist coming to my house. How should I go about this? Anyone know an easy way?

39. says

I think a lot of this holds true for screens in general. I’ve found that nights when I turn my computer off in the late afternoon (I don’t have a TV at all) I sleep better, and wake up naturally earlier than days when I’ve sat in front of the laptop right up until shortly before bed. Because of this I set my computer to shut down at 6pm a while back and have slept immeasurably better since.

40. Thales says

I dont watch tv for years.

news and notices around the world i have from feeds or websites.

my wife se at least 1h of tv per day ( fav. tv shows ) mostly we share some seasons, but we are not addicted to tv.

My problem is the computer =(

i would love to trash that thing thru the window.

41. says

I used to think that people who didn’t have a tv were an odd fringe of society. If that is true, I am now one of them. :) I used to always have the TV on for background noise. More recently I kept the TV off for two weeks to see how things would go…it was rough at first, but then I got to the point where I couldn’t stand having it on. Well I completely disconnected my cable a couple days ago and just taking that action makes me feel lighter!! I know I could watch some episodes online if I want, but that doesn’t really even appeal to me. Ahhhhhh. I think I finally got it!

42. says

I don’t own a tv or a cable subscription, and cancelled my Netflix account a couple weeks ago. Honestly, I don’t miss it. I still watch some educational/documentary/infotainment stuff on youtube (Vlogbrothers, scishow, and Buddha at the Gas-Pump are favorites) but I find myself watching online video less and less. There’s just so much else to do!

43. rollo says

So I have read your article and must say I like it and am in tune with yo. My gf however isn’t and we are getting into arguments over it. I don’t want a TV in the and she does. I don’t know how to explain it to her and make my point about. what can I do?

44. monicca adrone says

this blog is a blessing to the married especially women. TV has destroyed some families in Africa given the entertainment of soap operas, local drammas that are telecasted and glue women on them, who forget to do even their household chores to an extent of burning food that their husbands and children are to eat. if these ideas are read by some married women especially in my country would really save many couples from breaking up.

45. says

I have never had and never will have a TV in the bedroom, for some reason I have always felt strongly about this. The bedroom my be our last safe haven. Thanks for the post.

Sites That Link to this Post